5/10/2012

All the gauges

Well I got around to install the new gauge dials and the Autogauge boost meter. Also, it took a lot of time for everything to find its place in the garage. But I think 2-6 days at garage and the car is ready.. I just need the sensors..! My finance is a lot worse than I thought so unless Mark from FordProbeStore actually gets something done with the money I've sent him a year ago for the sensors, it might a be a few months until I can afford them... But I _will_ drive this summer! :)


Here's the dials in dark. The color is actually more white, the camera distorts the color. The needles are also lit by the stock system, so that's cool. :) It was a lil bit of PITA to install the dials as I was so sure I was going to break some of the needles or mechanisms of the gauges as the needles were so fucking tight. Luckily, my loyal tool, the fork (yes, fork) didn't left me down. :)

If anyone does the same, temp oil and fuel gauges require the rod taken apart from the needle by squeezing the attaching point a little with nose needle pliers to break the glue. Then you place the rods before you install the face because you need to make the rods go through another blue plastic ring below the dials. You will need to remove all screws under there and be very careful not to lose anything or switch place of the parts. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as always.


During daylight. I tried to remove the plastic in the front so I could have painted the plastic black but it cracked a bit, it's glued very tight. Maybe if I get my hands on a spare, I might try again. It would look so much better if the plastic was black .


Added some more stuff to my own electrical center. :)

 This is the boost meter I mentioned. I still need to drill a hole to the drive computer cover (don't have drive computer). For some reason the gauge showed almost 1.0 bar vacuum and I couldn't get it to boost zone in the idle.. We'll see how it works during drive. There was some weird valve in the T-pipe that came with it, it doesn't seem to have any logic in it as you could blow and suck through anyway.


One more pic of them both babies. :) Booyah!

Anyways, next time I'm hoping to paint the dash and get it installed.. Until then. :) Happy beginning of the summer!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti