9/18/2012

Stakes

Well, I've been considering and weighting the sides of the scales. I haven't reached a conclusion. I just wish I could learn to like the Probe more in the time we have left this year.

Mainly one of my big issues is the difficulty on controlling the throttle. It's so hard not to hit full boost, but if you don't go in the boost zone you're going slug speed. I found out that the boost pressure is actually raised by a solenoid in the stock system, it is now about 0.55 bar and the lowest boost the wastegate spring activates at is something like 0.4 bar.  That sounds great for daily driving in the rush hours. But what if I want to go faster than that?


Then I came out a way to utilize the switch in the interior and some information over the internet.

(RIDE ADJUST; SOFT NORM SPORT)

 (not my car and not my picture)
 
Turns out I'm not the first one to not like driving with constantly high boost. Some people buy Electronic Boost Controllers but thats way off my budget and interest. I then researched more how the pressure adjusting system works, and came up with this;

Here is the link to full pic if unreadable. Link to full pic

Anyhow, if this works (I'm now trying to get it proof read by the wise ol' in the Probetalk forums) I would have a switch inside to switch between 0.4 bar (lowest possible), 0.55 bar (stock system), and whatever I set the Manual Boost Controller (MBC) to (probably 0.7 bar). Now that would be awesome.

I've also been learning to control my accelerating foot to control the pressure of the turbo and it's very hard to do but it makes the driving more to my taste. I found myself heel toeing without even thinking it in this car as well, so thats a good sign of adaptation as well. Maybe I'll grow to like it, I sure hope I do.. So much money and time has been spent, that it'd be quite crazy to turn around at this point. Well unless I really don't like the car, then it's just very unfortunate.

Anyhow, I'm going to move to a new garage more near me in Thursday, pics from there!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti