9/15/2010

The beginning



I've been thinking about it for two years now, spending a lot of time for an entire year trying to find every invidual out there, getting to know all the details about the car, until one day about a week ago, I found it online in NettiAuto (A finnish car sales web site).

1980€, 130 000 km (80k miles), 1992, Red, Ford Probe, 2.2 liter turbo. There it was. I made all the arrangements and with a little help from my folks we found ourselves 5AM next morning heading to almost the other side of Finland.

With a bit of luck, the vehicle was still there. It wasn't as polished and well as it was advertised, far from it actually; the original bypass had been replaced with a straight pipe and driven for god knows how long like that, the original filter kit was replaced with a shabby quality free flow filter, a bad installation even. The paint wasn't half that good as I'd expect for the pictures, a lot of areas being a little pink and some scratches here and there and the interior told the reality about the kilometres the car had been driven, which couldn't be accurate.

However, when I started the engine and took the test drive, there was no turning back. All in all, everything worked, the engine was sound and the power was there.

And the turbo... There are no words to describe the feeling to someone who hasn't driven one. For the money, I don't believe there is anything better out there, for me at least. And besides this cars a half Ford, half Mazda, my two favourite car makers. I've never been too keen on RWD so FWD wasn't a shock for me.. etc. I know it from the beginning that this was most definately my car.

It was gonna be a small project, but I was expecting that from the beginning. I love fixing cars, even more than driving them I guess. And I got a pretty good bargain on it in the end. :)

So thats why I drove it back home and started taking it apart. :)




And also, I'd like to add a picture from my other car, which was also once in a not so good condition but with a fair amount of love has been a reliable and fun ride for years, and will be so and mine as long as its feeling like going. 
Mazda 323F 1.8 DOCH GT -93. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti