9/15/2010

A lil pics eh?

So not all is well with this car. There is no bypass or dump valve; there is an alarm but its horribly installed (not even all the way through) and in where I live its pretty much a must-have. There was no info on any maintenances, a lil bit of rust here and there, and the paint is bad at some places, and overall it hasn't been looked after for a year or two on an estimation.

So it's gonna need a lot of work. A heavy tune up is in order for beginners, installing a new alarm, trying to get the red shine with different waxes and maybe a stop to a professional polisher, overall cleaning and sorry folks who appreciate originality over all, but I really wanna do something with the interior pretty quick.


Nothing too flashy cos' I'm all for style with a good taste, but unfortunately for those people who swear for original, us young (and a lot of 'em older) hobbyists here in Finland like to shape our cars a little to our very own special taste. Nothing too flashy, no crazy decals or 20 inch rims nor crazy big bumpers and wings, but maybe a bit leather and black to the interior, new seats maybe, don't know the details yet but time will show..

So if I can find myself a garage so I can start working (as winter is on the door its pointless to tear it apart outside for now) any soon, I can start working on the car and letting you know about it. :)

And now, the pics.



From day 1 at a local store parking spot. Red is beautiful in a car like this, and I like the 15" rims it has on right now. Certainly not too flashy to our standard, but they'll stand out for good out there. :)

A view from the back. I hate the fact the license plates gotta be bent like that, but what can you do.. Unless you shape the body to fit it but when you think about that, the license plates not so bad ;>

 A shot from the engine bay. Gonna spend a lot of time here...

Basicly the only rust place I've found in outer body. Gonna get rid of it and the rest I can find (some on the underbody) ASAP.. Cos' I'm most likely able to get rid of these without welding, which'd be a bliss, if I do it right away.

And the solution for the straight pipe in the place wheres theres supposed to be bypass, or now this. :) A popular dump valve called Pate Racing dump-valve here in Finland... AND I am well aware that it's going to get the mixture rich at outburst in the stock system but I've decided to try and live with that, as have a lot of my friends who have the same type air meter..  without any real problems whatsoever.

Even before knowing anything about anything turbo cars or cars in general, I fell in love with that sound, and I just need to have it, even for a while. If it turns out too bad I'll go buy that damn bypass with a gloomy face. ;S Heh.

Will shoot a pic when its installed, now I need to find some aluminium piping (got the TIG welder already, not on my own this time !)

Ptshhh.... :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti