9/26/2011

All work no play makes Mike mad

Yeahh, I sweated my ass off to get the car ready for inspection and on the road, pulled long days ending up yesterday night 2AM when I put the interior back in, which made the car ready. Or so I thought.

So today morning I woke up at 6AM, got some gasoline and headed to the garage. First, while running & warming the car before taking off I heard a dripping sound.. Luckily it was "only" a leaking exhaust connection and most likely condensed water.. or a blown head gasket? no way..

Well nevertheless I should get a yes stamp from the inspection place so I went on. After clearing the gravel road to my garage and hitting the freeway, I boosted for the first time. Man what a feeling, but something quite else when after that thick smoke starts coming from under the hood.. Blown head gasket? no way.. I take the car aside to a parking lot and start investigating. I localiced the smoke to the catalysator or the bend before it (maybe it broke due to my shitty exhaust), but before I could tell for sure it stopped.

Alright.. maybe this car will still survive the inspection, although I certainly won't take it anywhere long since it seems quite prone to failure.. After a mile though, loud bangbangbang starts sounding from the rear left wheel, and after a while the right one joins in. I'm not sure what makes the sound even now but then I just pulled over, called the inspection place "not coming, maybe next year" and made a U turn, driving 30km/h back to my garage.

What a fucking piss it was. And I was thinking of heading to Vantaa today with after the inspection.

Lesson; Optimistics get disappointed most often.

And sorry no pics or vids, was gonna do it after and besides I certainly don't wanna remember this day for very long :D Right now I regret buying the damn thing in the first place, and every thing that happened after it.. But I think it'll go away when I cool down and get it working.. :)

Mad Mike signing out. Happy f'in winter.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti