10/05/2011

Wax on, wax off

Hmm, I don't feel like biting onto the remaining problems such as one of the exhaust sections need to be remade and the third brake light isn't working right now, just in case I don't finish it before it's time for inspection.

Yes, I'm determined to inspect it if possible and drive it as long as weathers permit.. which'd hopefully be a few weeks, but won't know yet. It all depends on when I get my last part in, should be any day now.

Anyways, I wrapped up my sleeves to do something that brings the car more ready to the road then, which'd be thorough 5 hour session of washing & waxing. :)


These are the waxes I used. Yes, three. :D Starting up with cleaning/general wax Autoglym Super Resin Polish, adding up TurtleWax Red Color Magic (colour wax) and finishing up with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Normally you'd use those Autoglyms but don't put anything in the middle for a superb wax job.  My paint job is horrid though so I figured it might make up a little, the colour wax. And it did, to some extent, I mean it's not like it saved the day but it certainly sort of shaded out the flaws a bit, which was everything I expected.

But adding the Extra Gloss at the end, it sort of highlighted the flaws and I think it fucked up the red wax layer a bit as the polishing cloth kept coming out red. Where the paint quality was good enough, such as the hood and doors, the result was awesome as always.

So here's it done. Looking back at it, it could've used a lil more polishing but I was dying of hunger and had to leave it like that. It'll prolly look pretty good after a wash.

In the end considering how big the flaws on the paint job are on the roof etc. I'm happy that it's able to look as good as it does now. :)

So, probably next update is from the road :) Unless something goes wrong again >.>

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti