1/26/2012

This is what I've been doing



So yeah, as you may see I've been putting my time and energy lately on the car again. Almost through installing the alarm system. That'd be the 2-way LCD Falcon Alarm system, turbo timer and remote start featured. Still need to do some more wiring to get the remote start feature working, but slowly I'm getting there. It's taken quite a while since as you may remember my style is balancing between perfection and sanity..

So the first few days I just disassembled stuff and bundled the wires together to make everything nice and clean. Today I got most of the wires soldered and connected. Had some problems such as the siren which was broken to begin with.. Luckily I had another siren (wtf who has extra sirens but me) and I just changed the chip from the nonworking siren and I resulted with one working siren!


Here's the main unit, I grinded two grooves in the ECU bracket where the two "ears" the unit has for screwing it into place slide into, so it's a perfect fit and easy to remove. :)



So here's the only part where you can see the powerwire which is 10mm2 copper.. Wanted to make sure its enough juice for all the electronic gizmos I'll come up with :) It'll look better with the 35mm2 I'll put for the 2 amps. Just couldn't resist a perfect place for the fuses and ready made holes for those wire clips. :)) That should be the only part you can see the wire though. And yes, I do realize that makes it a easy target for the car thief but then again, doesn't an extra wire at the battery?

If I'd be concerned though I could wire the power from the existing wires inside the car.. But I'd rather not touch them.
So thats it again, maybe I'll post a vid or something if I get the remote start working, will be a while though since I need to change the fuel (the one in the tank is old already I figure) and all that before I dare to run the engine again. But we'll get there!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti