4/27/2013

---->

Well I had a day for the Probe and made some progress, I begun doing the trunk stuff at this point.

I'm making a new floor from plywood to the trunk, to support the weight. The stock is basicly a cardboard piece that covers one third of the trunk area, so that was useless.

I'm doing it in two pieces, so it'll fit in and also I'm putting hinges so I can lift up the front piece to access the spare wheel well. I don't know if you can actually lift off the wheel through there, but I'm not going to

Here I'm cutting out the template from cardboard;

 The back seat is covered with the old deafening mat, I'm reusing that between the body and plywood.


 And this is the end product of the days work, fits perfect (after making adjustments over and over)


 This is how the front section flips up after I get the hinges, you can also see the frames I put for strengthening the structure.


 Also, I finished early so I put the dash stuff back together. Goddamn weak plastic, it is very likely the last time it can be removed/installed, over half of the screw connections are broken and gone, so it's all put together with glue and about five screws.  I wish we had more Probes in this country, so I could get myself new bits from a scrap yard, but unfortunately there's no such thing.

Nice to have the LEDs in the buttons working again, we'll see how long they last this time! Also, the clocks new as you may remember. :)


 So that's that, I just bought more stuff to continue the work in the trunk, I'm expecting to go there next Wednesday. After I'm done with the trunk, I might drive the Probe a bit, since after that I need to remove all the panels and carpets, meaning no more driivng a few months, in which time the summer will be over.
Just started her up again, runs like a champ still :)

Well I'll get back to you ASAP!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti