5/04/2013

On a roll here UPDATED

Whew. another post so soon, I had another day at the garage again and wanted to present my fruit of work.

I begun to make shields for the amps in the trunk. The trunk is going to be: subwoofer in the back middle, put some aluminium sheet in the back seat, into which I'll bolt my amps and gear. On top of them, to both sides of the subwoofer, I will make a "window" from wood & acryl & aluminium frame I have laying around, to protect the amps and wiring from any untied cargo I might be driving with.




So here's most of the materials already cut, I will frame the plastic with aluminium rail I have in the pic, and THAT frame will be attached to a wooden frame. Note, the green color in the plastic is just the protective film, its crystal clear underneath. :)


Aand here they are , waiting for decoration. I decided to go with carbon fibre tape I found in Biltema. It was 17€ for something like 170cm X 60cm, so it's pretty cheap, easy to work with and looks&feels very nice. The 3M brand is still better though, it just costs like 4 times smore, so not my cup of tea. I wouldn't use this tape on the exterior surfaces though.


I like. Now I need some corner brackets so I can screw & glue the pieces together and work the attachment points.


Again some product placement, I used this spray glue from Motonet (16e / can) to glue the deafening material to the plywood. Works like a charm, recommend. Also recommend not buying the cheapo glue as I heard even some of the best (most expensive) of spray glue/s aren't really that good. This one did the job for me, so no regrets.

Yep. Now I'm totally broke for the month again, so I might not be able to go on until I make more money. Also we're visiting NYC next week, so chances are there's not much to tell for a while.

Turns out the inspection date of the car is due tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I should drive it this year or not.  Probably I will end up putting it together soon and inspecting it, driving until my summer vacation and then start working on it early, but not sure at this point. Since the car is essentially the same it was last year it's not a must-thing this summer.



UPDATE:

I managed to buy some more time at the garage and made some progress with these, just wanted to post the pics;


Here's the frames together, I still need to drill big holes in the corners for attachments, thumbs up I don't fuck up at this point :D


I begun to cover the trunk bits with the fabric I previously showed you, here's a pic of the progress. I also used spray glue. The color is spot on in my opinion.


Just managed to get the other piece done before I had to rush off, looks nice eh? First time doing anything like this, so I'm happy with it. Only mistake is that some of the screw ends are visible through the fabric on top side, but can't be bothered.

 Alrightey, now I won't be back for a few weeks, got places to go. :) Take care!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti