6/07/2013

Inspection time

So it happened that I decided to put the Probe back together for some summer driving. I took it for inspection, but it failed due to ABS problems... You reap as you sow, they say.

Well today I found some time to really start looking for the problem., which was that the ABS would kick in at slow speeds while pressing the brake lightly.

I was afraid the sensors I bought just weren't suitable as they were Mazda 626 GD parts, and there's a fair chance they could been different. I was also thinking if the rubber hoses for the brakes in the front played a part, so I went ahead and bought steel braided for the front as well. Got them almost as cheap as rubber parts from Mamasan. From that experience I can totally recommend to try out this shop, they have online sales and a small shop in Kehä III/Espoo.



The kit had new bolts and gaskets as well, brand is HEL Performance, 21€ / hose.

Here I'm halfway through installing them;

Pics refuse to rotate, tilt your head to left. :D

So, while checking out ABS sensors on every wheel I found out that one them had a gap of 1,3mm which was too much according to the manual, so I reinstalled that. And what do you know, I believe that was the cause for they really seemed to work properly now!

Also, my wheel hub adapter popped in the post box so finally I was able to install this steering wheel I bought 3 years ago! I also put some carbon tape on the horn button as the one that came with it was pretty stupid. Or maybe I've just gone a bit crazy for that tape. ;)


So much better to look & drive! :)

I also finished the trunk carpet job, bnt I don't have a picture of that.

So I'll be taking her to the reinspection on Monday, thumbs up the ABS works proper this time, so that the summer may begin! B)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti