8/01/2011

Not so fast

Well, I'm back home again. I got the exhaust done, although I still need to paint it and try to fiddle around to fit it better, now its touching the rear axle and the body at one point. I changed the oils, filled up the tank, cranked the engine but thats as far as I got. The engine wouldn't start & run.

It was 2 AM when I got to this point so I didn't even try to repair it, I was settled when I found out both of the hoses from the fuel pump didn't have fuel in them, and the electric connectors had power, and in the test mode the fuel pump didn't sound, as according to Haynes, it should.


So I'm guessing it's a bad fuel pump, I'm gonna open the tank/fuel pump lid next time which'd be next sunday & monday, to see whats going on. I already ordered the Walbro pump though but it'll take 3 weeks to arrive, it's an upgrade anyway to the almost 20 year old pump so I didn't hesitate on buying it even if there's something stupid like corroded connector leads.

Now I shot a few vids so I could edit a cool video where I start the engine & show off the new exhaust sounds, feels kinda stupid to watch it afterwards. :D

Here's the last clip I shot before I realized the video is not gonna have the ending I'd hoped.

EDIT: Now I think I know whats going on. Thanks to the original Ford manual, I found out that there's an inertia switch that shuts off the pump in case rollover or major collision. Or in the case of noticing that some inertia switch I saw in the LH wheelwell had the other of the cables almost on the lose, hanging on the very last hair of the cable, which I then tore apart.

I wonder if I should cancel the fuel pump order..




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti