8/23/2012

Conclusions

So, back from work. Anyhow, I got it all together, but it was a Sunday, so I had no biz to the inspectors as they were closed. I'd come back in two weeks.

The next day I couldn't hold it so I drove that hundred kilometres again to get it inspected. I had 1 hour until the inspection. After such a long time I took the Probe to the sunlight and headed towards the station.. And thats when the ANTI LOCK came on! The ABS was working very bizarrly, I think there's air in the pump or something. Anyhow, I mended it.. in a way, in a record time of 30 mins I managed to get the brakes working normally and the locklight to co-operate with me. With shaking hands I drove that car to the nearest station, and only a few minutes until they closed managed to get my car in the inspection queue.

Failed. The damn front brake was dragging just a little bit, didn't notice it, and it's one of those drags that would've begone'd after a lil bit of pumping the brakes. Furious, I drove back to the garage and opened the brake caliper, flushed the piston with oil by pressing it in and out and wiping everytime and finally greased that and the guide pins. Turns out, there's no dustboot in the caliper, either it's missing or doesn't belong there, but that pretty much explains why it dragged. Time to buy them Subary 2 piston calipers next year I guess.

Well, by the time it was fixed, all the inspection stations were closed obviously, so I headed back home, and prepared for some torture, knowing the car would be ready to go but not having any cash at all to go to the city my garage is at to get it inspected and on the road.

Luckily, my good friend Toni decided to help me out, two days after we journeyd together in his Omega to the Garage City again and went for inspection... But the brakes were un even in the front now.

Luckily, I don't know why really, maybe it was within the tolerance, I got the damn stamp! Finally, after 2 years. We fueled her up and gave her some new wiper blades, washed in a machine (sorry buddy) and by then I was halfway late from work.

So there it is, sitting in my parking lot, working.. pretty good.




Whats bothering me is a stupid clicking noise coming from the dash, it varies by speed so I think its the speedo cable. Also one of the LEDs I soldered started flickering, and the steering wheel is one notch to the side. The front suspension is ready for retirement and the attachment of the exhaust still worries me. Overall, I don't trust the car much yet, but it feels good to drive it, finally.. After two years, so many hours and euros later, it's finally in this condition. :)


The paper says "Inspection result : ACCEPTED"


Also it's way too quiet in there without a stereo, but like I said, I'm completely broke right now, I will probably fix my USB powered speakers in there for the rest of this year.. :D So far the dump valve has been my audio. ;) Then it needs a proper wax and I will get the window tints later on.

Anyhow, I'm probably gonna write a little bit about driving the car later on and conclude this year somehow. I'm gonna be a bit busy with my girlfriends Nissan and my daily/winter ride Mazda the upcoming months.

Oh and I found a garage in the city I live in, if it all works out I'll be moving my stuff there in October so I will post about that. You could expect for more stuff to happen next winter. :)

Anyhow, thank you for reading my blog, it's been a pleasure. My summervacation has begun ;> Enjoy it while it still lasts!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti