4/27/2011

Back home

So easters done, a lil disappointed with my achievements, but still got a lot done. One or two weekends with the parts, before they can be put back in.


Got the trailing arms grinded and painted. I also did the tank, and all of the smaller parts like bolts, special washers, brackets, covers and stuff like that. Still gotta do the later horizontal links, tank strap, shifter links and the brake caliper brackets.

Speaking of which, I disassembled the new reconditioned caliper, check out the guide pins and compare them to the aftermarket parts.

("new" ones on the right)
LOL. I'm not saying they couldn't work, but its obvious that these calipers are made on a low budget, despite being the semi "reputable" Raybestos part. Other than that, the bolts were _way_ overtorqued, and there was no grease at some places there should be.. Glad I took it apart.

So that's it, next weekend is Vappu, working classes parade party or something like that in Finland and I wasn't planning on celebrating it at the garage so, unless my box from Fordprobestore.co.uk decides to show up, nothing to show for you guys in 2 weeks.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti